- Fail-safe digital inputs and outputs (DI and DQ) correspond in their dimensions to the standard modules.
- Functional safety certified according to IEC 61508.
- Designed for safety-related use up to SIL 3 according to IEC 62061 and PL e according to ISO 13849.
- Seamlessly embedded into the Safety Integrated concept
- Assignment of the F-addresses from the system automatically during commissioning by means of the unique identification of the slot on the central backplane bus of the module concerned. No setting using DIP switches on the module is necessary.
- Automatic transmission of the F-address on replacement of module, no re-assignment necessary.
Totally Integrated Automation (TIA)
Safety technology (Safety Integrated) is a component of Totally Integrated Automation, which provides total integration of safety automation and standard automation.
Where standard automation (classical PLC) and safety automation (electro-mechanics) are still separate today, these two worlds are growing together into a uniform, integrated overall system. Siemens can therefore present itself as a complete supplier for automation technology in which safety engineering is part of the standard automation and system-wide integration exists.